The Pontifical Missionary Society of the Holy Childhood will hold its annual gathering on January 22, 2011 (Saturday) at Pasay City Sports Complex, F. B. Harrison St., Pasay City with the theme Children of the World, Future of the Earth.
The objectives of the gathering will be the following:
1. To celebrate the special day allotted for the Holy Childhood Association (Feast of the Sto. Niño);
2. To promote awareness among children of their mission to care for the earth;
3. To provide opportunity for children to encounter/know other children and guide them towards spiritual communion and material sharing of their resources with children of other churches.
This will be the program of activities:
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Registration/Orientation/Animation
8:00 - 8:30 Mass preparation/ song practice
8:30 – 9:30 Holy Eucharist
9:30 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 10:30 1st Talk
10:45 – 11:15 2nd Talk
11:15 – 12:15 Workshops
1:30 – 4:30 Program/Closing Para Liturgy
Expected to attend the gathering are about 1,500 students from Catholic schools in Metro Manila and nearby provinces.
Other archdioceses/dioceses have also signified to organize a gathering of children to celebrate the month of the Holy Childhood Association:
-- Diocese of Digos (January 16, 2011)
-- Diocese of San Jose, Nueva Ecija (January 16, 2011)
- Archdiocese of Lipa (January 29, 2011)
- Diocese of Bacolod (parochial level)
- Diocese of Lucena
- Diocese of Malaybalay (Jan 15, 29,30).